Examples from our sites
1. In Finland, several actions have been taken to attain our energy efficiency targets. In the energy review conducted at the Forssa production plant, several areas of improvement were pinpointed. Various energy reduction investments have been implemented during 2016, including the installation of new ammonia condensers and compressors.
2. HKScan Finland was among the signatories of the national Energy Efficiency Agreements (EEA) in 2011–2016, and has agreed to participate in the new period of agreements covering 2017–2025. The target for 2017–2025 is an 18 per cent reduction compared to 2015. The agreement is part of the Finnish Climate and Energy Strategy and it supports the implementation of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (EED).
3. A heat pump for wastewater heat recovery and a new water boiler for central heating were installed at the Rakvere plant in Estonia. This modification offers potential for saving around 10 per cent in natural gas consumption starting from 2017.
4. The Vinderup plant in Denmark has achieved a two per cent electricity saving by adding a new compressor to the existing high pressure system. The surplus heat is also used in other applications in the slaughterhouse. The ventilation has been upgraded in the slaughter area, saving approximately 10 000 euros per year. LED lights installed at both the Vinderup and Skovsgaard plants are saving about 224 MWh per year.
5. The transition to LED lights continued at all production plants in Sweden. Environmental and energy training was offered at the Skara and Halmstad plants.